Spring Market is Hot! Is Your Home Ready For The Market?
Your checklist before your list your home this Spring Market!
Selling your home… if you’re thinking about putting your house on the market this is the time! Don’t keep waiting, the spring market is here and it’s time to have a conversation with your Realtor! They’ll know how to guide you through the complexities and get your house sold, easier than you ever thought it would be!
Getting your home ready before the snow melts might help ease any stress you may encounter before the For Sale sign goes up! Follow this check-list to help you ensure your home is market-ready.
First impressions matter! Make sure the outside of your home is clean, tidy and welcoming to potential buyers.
1. Exterior Paint! As winter goes away, the exterior of your home may be washed out, especially if it’s been many years that it’s been spruced up. A simple power-washing might do the trick or it may be time to repaint the exterior of your home.
2. Gut the Gutters! After this season, it’s important to clean the gutters and downspouts and clear out anything that may cause damage.
3. Boost Your Curb Appeal! From cleaning up any junk that may be left in your yard to tidying up flowerbeds, to checking your driveway and ensuring there are no cracks. Cleaning up the exterior of your home will help potential buyers see the true beauty of your home, it’ll welcome them to see what else your house has to offer.
Once a potential buyer falls in love with the exterior of your home, WOW them with the inside!
1. Renos, renos, renos! Many Realtors will inform you of renovations that will add to the selling price of your home. Sit down with your Realtor and decide which are the best options for you.
2. Paint! Neutral walls won’t distract people from what matters and will allow them to focus on the room itself - not the colours of the wall!
3. Deep clean! Everything from the inside of light fixtures, cracks and corners you never even knew existed and much more! If you’re not sure you can get this done, a professional cleaning service can clean everything that you’ve never even thought about!
4. De-Clutter! Clean up space and let the new potential buyer of your home picture themselves living there!
Once you put your house on the market there will be interest but when you spruce up your home on the outside and inside, you allow potential buyers to see themselves living in your home.
Category: Selling Homes